Used cars have always been a staple of the automotive industry, but in recent years dealerships have been turning to private sellers and third-party channels as a way to maintain turnover. Additionally, it has helped dealerships expand their reach and acquire vehicles that they may not have otherwise had access to. As the automotive industry continues to evolve, dealerships will need to find new ways to stay competitive. The team at Vehicle Acquisition Council has a wealth of experience in optimizing them for maximum results. In the first episode of 2022 Mark, Tom and Dave discuss some of the key strategies for getting the most out of these platforms. If you're looking for actionable advice on how to get the most out of your third-party lead channels, this is an episode you won't want to miss.
Highlights and Thought Starters:
- In the past 2 to 3 years, Craigslist has lost its place as a major provider for used car purchases online. In fact, Facebook's marketplace makes up 61% of all listings and it's gaining popularity fast.
- Many people have moved to Facebook, CarGurus, and Auto Trader based on the transparency these platforms provide for the buyers and sellers. This makes it easy for buyers to ensure credibility in a listing.
- VAN's performance management team trains and coaches each dealer to make the most out of their investments. VAN has also created a Chrome extension that allows dealers to seamlessly bridge any gap between VAN and native platforms like Facebook Marketplace and CarGurus.
"We help our dealer partners do better by establishing profiles for each of these private parties listing sites that reassure the seller and provide some level of credibility" - Mark Curcio
Guests & Panelists
We are thrilled to have VAN's co-founder Tom Gregg and COO Mark Curcio to discuss how best to optimize 3rd party selling channels. Dave Hudson will be moderating the discussion. Tom and Mark are both highly experienced in this area and are sure to provide invaluable insights. We hope that this discussion will help our audience get a better understanding of how to best optimize 3rd party selling channels.
The Acquisition Council - Live Streaming Show for Used Car Managers and Buyers
If you're interested in cutting-edge practices in the vehicle acquisition industry, then the Acquisition Council show is for you. This highly engaging webinar brings together the top minds in the field to share their insights, tips, and best practices for streamlining and optimizing vehicle acquisition. Whether you are new to the industry or a seasoned pro, the Acquisition Council show is sure to have something for you.
Sign Up Free in the Learning Center
The show is an extension of our Learning Center where our commitment to provide the “best communication tools and methods available to assist our Dealer Partners in acquiring pre-owned inventory direct from private sellers” begins.
In the Learning Center, you have access to all the great tips, strategies, and best practices, mostly in video and blog form that we have assembled over the years to help make your job easier and more productive.
To get involved with the Acquisition Council, head over to the Learning Center and sign up. Whether you just want to tune in once in a while and watch, or come onto the virtual stage and be part of the live event, get yourself signed up in the Learning Center to get started.
By signing up free in the Learning Center you will…
- Receive exclusive inside information about the live show
- Receive free access to our growing library of video tips, strategies, and best practices
Alternatively, you can subscribe to our YouTube channel here and be notified of when we schedule new live events, and upload new videos, too, of course