In the second episode of Vehicle Acquisition Council for 2022, Tom and Mark discuss in great detail bidding strategies for private sellers. They put forth the idea that each dealer has a different strategy for each channel that they purchase, and each channel for acquiring inventory has a slightly different approach. The key is to tailor your strategy to the specific seller, location and situation. By being flexible and adaptable, you can maximize your chances of landing the vehicles you want.
If you're looking to improve your vehicle acquisition strategy, be sure to tune into the Vehicle Acquisition Council once a month where we bring together top industry minds for candid conversations about how technology, trends and best practices within the ever-changing automotive industry.
Highlights and Thought Starters:
- The cost structure when dealing with private sellers is often better than auctions. As a dealer, you’re not necessarily going to have to worry about auction fees or additional transport fees to get the vehicle to the dealership.
- It is important for dealers to have a set strategy in mind and then be able manage it. This helps consistency within the dealership rather than each manager operating with his/her own idea of how things should go which could lead to inconsistencies within the company.
- With our state-of the art technology, through VAN dealers are able to keep tabs on offers that have been made. They can then use this information in conjunction with their acquisition numbers for a more accurate picture of how many cars they should be buying or selling on a regular basis.
"Logic would argue then that you should pay more for vehicles in your community than what you would pay those at the auction but the reality is you won’t buy cars at the auction for the same price" - Mark Curcio
Guests & Panelists
We are thrilled to have VAN's co-founder Tom Gregg and COO Mark Curcio to discuss bidding strategies for private sellers. Dave Hudson will be moderating the discussion. Tom and Mark are both highly experienced in this area and are sure to provide invaluable insights. We hope that this discussion will help our audience get a better understanding of the best practices when it comes to bidding strategies for private sellers.
The Acquisition Council - Live Streaming Show for Used Car Managers and Buyers
If you're interested in cutting-edge practices in the vehicle acquisition industry, then the Acquisition Council show is for you. This highly engaging webinar brings together the top minds in the field to share their insights, tips, and best practices for streamlining and optimizing vehicle acquisition. Whether you are new to the industry or a seasoned pro, the Acquisition Council show is sure to have something for you.
Sign Up Free in the Learning Center
The show is an extension of our Learning Center where our commitment to provide the “best communication tools and methods available to assist our Dealer Partners in acquiring pre-owned inventory direct from private sellers” begins.
In the Learning Center, you have access to all the great tips, strategies, and best practices, mostly in video and blog form that we have assembled over the years to help make your job easier and more productive.
To get involved with the Acquisition Council, head over to the Learning Center and sign up. Whether you just want to tune in once in a while and watch, or come onto the virtual stage and be part of the live event, get yourself signed up in the Learning Center to get started.
By signing up free in the Learning Center you will…
- Receive exclusive inside information about the live show
- Receive free access to our growing library of video tips, strategies, and best practices
Alternatively, you can subscribe to our YouTube channel here and be notified of when we schedule new live events, and upload new videos, too, of course